Sunday, January 16, 2011

Things You Can Get Away with on Letterman

I don't get any channels on my TV. I use it strictly for DVDs or for shows on DVD. Usually, I'm glad to be free of its distraction. But I do miss late night talk shows. I am a fan of Letterman especially.

I love the live bands at the end of the shows the most. These are a few of my favorite Letterman performances, for three completely different reasons:

First, The Rapture. I have no idea who on Letterman's staff booked them or what they expected, but the Rapture pulled off a surprising bit of artistry:



Second, the Vines. I have no idea how much of this was planned, but it's hilarious to watch:



Finally, here's an Elvis Perkins number. It's perfectly structured and delivered. It's hard to imagine someone accomplishing more within the time constraints of Letterman's music spot:

No comments:

Post a Comment