Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mindblown: A Review of My Custom Van by Michael Ian Black


He won't really go there, will he? Looks like he will. Holy Cow. He went there and just kept going...wait. Did he just write what I think he wrote? I mean, yes, it's there in print, but still. It's hard to believe he would go that far.

The above is a selection from the internal dialogue of someone who has a sense of propriety and reads My Custom Van ...And 50 Other Mind-Blowing Essays That Will Blow Your Mind All over Your Face by Michael Ian Black.

Since I don't have much of a conscience when it comes to comedy, my internal dialogue was more like, This creep is hilarious. hahaha.

I've been a fan of MIB since he played alongside Michael Showalter and David Wain in the short-lived Comedy Central series Stella, where the three comedians played three unemployed, suit-wearing roommates who live in a surreal version of the world.

If I'm honest, I also have to admit that the fact that his middle name is my first name may have influenced my feelings toward him.

In fact, if I'm going to be completely honest, I have to admit that anyone with the name "Ian," be it her or his first, middle, or last name, deserves to be showered with money and venerated on a global scale.

To that end, I submit this modest review to my readers, and I will wait a few days for its truth to register before your money and worship come pouring in.

No comments:

Post a Comment